Natural Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
The road to long and healthy hair is not quick but that doesn’t mean it has to be difficult! Here are some tips to help that journey go along a bit more smoothly.
- Invest in a spray bottle. When it comes to caring for your hair, it needs moisture and water is moisture! Be sure to spritz it daily (or as needed) to prior to applying your oils and cream moisturizers to ensure your hair stays hydrated.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo as it will not strip the hair of its natural oils.
- Invest in a good moisturizing conditioner. Shampoos typically take the moisture out of the hair so you want to make sure you have a good moisturizing conditioner to add that moisture back in.
- Leave in conditioner for daily moisturizing.
- Wide-tooth comb (preferably seamless so it does not snag at your hair).
- Hair shears to cut knots, split ends, and trim the hair as needed.
- Snag-free hair elastics and ties.
- Utilize protective styles but remember that they are only effective when used properly! Be sure to not let them stay in longer than should and the styles should be low-tension, not pulling at the hairline.
- Satin pillowcase or satin bonnet. This will allow moisture be retained, prevent frizzing, and maintain hairstyles throughout the night. Cotton is a harsh fabric and the friction it creates on your hair causes it to be dry leading to dull hair and breakage.
- Patience. Healthy hair does not grow overnight so patience is key when growing long, healthy hair.